- PROGRAMME AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- DURATION OF STUDY
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
- To take a strategic look at current issues in the Accounting and Financial world, providing students with a range of skills, including the ability to critically analyze financial data and weigh up issues, and relate these to developments and shifts within the industry.
- To provide students with an opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills they have gained in an individual, accounting and finance-related research investigation.
- To provide thorough grounding in the disciplines related to the functional aspects of Accounting and Finance
- To develop a broad but critical understanding of the major areas of Accounting and Finance and be able to apply the theoretical understanding to the practical management of the financial affairs of a business.
- To provide a sound foundation for students seeking progression in a managerial or professional role, or for those wishing to undertake further studies in the Accounting and Finance Field.
- For entry into the Programme, applicants should possess a good first degree or equivalent with a pass level of 2.2 or better in Accounting and Finance/Economics/Banking/Finance/Business Studies from a recognized tertiary institution. Working experience would be an added advantage.
- Applicants who are holders of ACCA, CIMA, and CA(Z) and equivalent qualifications are eligible to apply. They should also have worked for at least a period of three years in a Financial and Accounting Firm
- The Programme would be offered for a period of 24 months.
- To be advised
Full Programme Structure
- MSAF 5101 Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis
- MSAF 5102 Applied Audit and Assurance
- MSAF 5103 Advanced Corporate Financial Strategy and Restructuring.
- MSAF 5104 Corporate Governance, Risk and Ethics
- MSAF 5201 Entrepreneurial Finance
- MSAF 5202 Taxation System and Policy
- MSAF 5203 Investment Analysis and Fund Management
- MSAF 5204 Applied Research Methods in Accounting and Finance