- PROGRAMME AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- DURATION OF STUDY
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
- To provide students with the opportunity to navigate across language boundaries and cultures.
- To assist students to communicate effectively with speakers of varying linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- To equip students with necessary skills to translate and interpret proficiently in varied social and cultural settings.
- A candidate must have obtained 5 ‘O’ level subjects including English Language.
- A pass in ‘A’ level would be an added advantage.
The normal duration of a Diploma Programme shall be one year of study, made up of two (2) semesters.
- The Diploma in equips candidates with expertise to work in a wide range of settings as professional interpreters and translators. Other opportunities might include public relations; media; education; copy writing and other related professions.
Full Programme Structure
- DPLA 1101 Introduction to Linguistics
- DPLA 1102 Foundations of Translation
- DOLA 1103 Principles of Lexicography
- DPLA 1104 Human Communication
- DPLA 1105 Computers and Information Literary Skills
- DPLA 1106 Language and Society
- DPLA 1201 Translation Skills for Different Genres
- DPLA 1202 Bilingual Lexicography
- DPLA 1203 Multilingualism and Bilingualism in Society
- DPLA 1204 Literary Analysis
- DPLA 1205 Discourse Studies
- DPLA 1206 Art and Society