Dr. Sibongile Manzini (Chairperson, Lecturer)
Welcome to the Business Management department which is housed in the faculty of Commerce. The department offers degree programmes which are designed to develop intellectual competencies and practical skills in the mastering, analysis, interpretation and application of basic and advanced management principles in the different functional units of the business organisation. The programmes provide students with an opportunity to reflect on their managerial decisions and applications and to assess the effect thereof in the holistic context of management as a practice. The programmes are tailor-made to equip practicing and aspiring business leaders who seek to contribute to the improvement of an organisation’s overall performance in today’s highly competitive and dynamic business environment. These programmes offer a broad approach which enables students to be more critical and creative when making business decisions which must fit well in the overall business strategy.
For more information on the programmes contact:
Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Marketing Management
Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Business Computing
Bachelor of Commerce Sciences Honours Degree in Entrepreneurship
Master of Business Leadership
Bachelor Of Commerce Special Honours Degree In Procurement And Supply Chain Management
Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree Supply Chain Management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Management (University of Lusaka);
- Msc in Human Resources, Great Zimbabwe University.
- MBA,National University of Science and Technology
- Bachelors in Business Management, UNISA
- Diploma in Accounting.
- Diploma in Marketing.
- Diploma in Teaching.
- HIV and AIDS, Counselling.
- Madondo, P. & Manzini, S. (2020) An analysis of the effects of procurement procedures on customer satisfaction: A case study of the United Refineries Limited in Bulawayo.
- Manzini, S., Nsenduluka, E. & Bbekele, E. (2020). Knowledge Management and government policy as precursors for divapreneurship development in Zimbabwe
- Manzini, C., Mashavira, N. & Manzini, S (2019) Managerial Competencies, Human Resource Development initiatives and business performance: A case of SMEs in Bulawayo Metropolitan Province.
- Manzini, S., Manzini, C., Ngwenya, K. (2019). A business case for the adoption of a knowledge management strategy in the management of the Tourism Sector in the Matabeleland North Province
- Manzini, S., Ngwenya, K. & Taruvinga, K. G. (2019).Key success factors of social media as a marketing tool in the Zimbabwe Tourism and hospitality Industry.
- Vakira, E., Manzini, S., Shumba, V. & Ndlovu, N. (2019). Black tax and Employee Engagement in the Pharmaceutical Industry of Bulawayo City in Zimbabwe
- Manzini, S. & Kufa, E. (2016). An evaluation of the impact of Human Capital Development Initiatives on organizational performance: A case of rural District Councils in Zimbabwe’s Lowveld.
- Manzini, S., Shumba, V. & Ndlovu, N. (2014). An investigation into the impact of Training and Development on the performance of public servant: A case of Bulawayo Passport office
- Shumba, V., Manzini, S. Ndlovu, N. (2014). The effects of separating ownership and control on the performance of retail stores in Southern Zimbabwe
- MBA (NUST, Zimbabwe)
- B Comm. Business Management – (NUST, Zimbabwe)
- Certificate in international business (IIFT-India)
- Adoption of strategic management across various sectors
- Entrepreneurial intentions
- Religion and Entrepreneurship
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance, Project Management, Strategic Management, Operations Management and Effective Negotiation Business
- MSc Marketing
- Marketing and Entrepreneurship
Small business management
Principles of Marketing
Consumer and buyer Behaviour
- MSc Marketing (NUST, Zimbabwe)
- BBA Finance (Solusi University)
- Green marketing
- Sustainable procurement
- Public procurement
- Adoption of electronic banking
- Retail buying
- Strategic purchasing
- Purchasing information systems
- Supply chain risk management
- Principles of purchasing
- Negotiation and buyer supplier relationship
- Supply market analysis
- Business law
- Mcom Strategic Management&Corporate Governance,
- Bachelor of Business Administration-Finance
- Certificate in Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Finance and SMEs
- Strategic Management and SMEs
Enterprise Risk Management
Principles of Investment
Innovation and New Product Development
- MComm in Strategic Management and Corporate Governance, MSU.
- BComm in Business Management, MSU.
- Rural Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management in SMEs
- E- Commerce and Rural Enterprises.
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- The Business Plan
- Msc Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- BComm Hons Purchasing and Supply Management
- CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
- Sustainable Public Procurement
- Green logistics
- E-procurement and Small to Medium Enterprises
- Storage and Inventory Management
- Transport and Logistics Management
- Contract Administration
- International Supply Chain Management
- Strategic purchasing and supply management
- BComm, Purchasing and supply management (LSU)
Supply chain risk management
Storage and distribution management
- BComm, Purchasing and supply management (LSU)