Centre for Evaluation Science
Championing innovative and advanced monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning services
Evidence based decision making and management.
Our mission is to enhance the quality, accountability and transparency pillars in organisations through custom tailored innovative and advanced monitoring, evaluation and learning services.
The Centre for Evaluation Science was established in 2018 under the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences as a consultancy division of the University which champions innovative and advanced monitoring, evaluation and learning services. The Centre specialises in setting up M & E systems and capacity development in the area of monitoring and evaluation and also oversees a wide range of academic programmes in Monitoring and Evaluation in the form of post graduate studies and is currently the lead provider of such studies in Zimbabwe with cohorts being offered in Bulawayo and Harare. The centre has capacity to handle large scale and national assignments and has a wide base of Research Assistants in the form of post graduate students in the field of Social Sciences. The Centre boasts of a multidisciplinary team with extensive experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, capacity development, social science research and team building. On offer is a network of specialised consultancy services backed by expertise drawn from the University’s various departments and associate consultants related to thematic areas like Agriculture, Education, Climate change, HIV and AIDS, Poverty, and Gender among others. Our services are driven by current knowledge and evaluation theories.
We offer specialised and expert services in the following areas:
- Setting up of monitoring, evaluation and learning systems
- Designing Monitoring and evaluation frameworks/Plans
- Conducting systems audits
- Capacity building for RBM
- Capacity building for data analysis computer packages like SPSS, NViVo, Atlas ti, Excel
- Creation of Microsoft Access Relational Databases
- Team building
- Proposal writing
- Needs Assessments
- M and E tool identification and development/adaptation
- Program Redesigns
- Baseline and End line surveys
- Stories of Change
- Learning and knowledge management strategies
Who can benefit from our services?
- Government Departments
- Local Authoritiess
- Researchers and Consultants
- MEAL Officers
- Project Managers
- Social Policy Analysts and advisors
- Social Science Methodology Lecturers